Peripherals pay for forests

HULTGREN arne at snowcrest.net
Wed Nov 3 21:55:43 EST 1999

The role of mycorrhizal (endo & ecto) has been taught at HSU since at least
1985.
I seriously doubt any foresters are not aware of them, but identifying them
is another story.
I thought they were ubiquitous and opportunistic, like most organisms...
Why not establish the resiliency of this fungi before we lock up MORE forest
land just because logging is not PC.
How did this organism evolve in the context of massive, catastrophic
disturbances of the pre-european era?