Flying made easy...

Lumber Jack lumber.jack at wildcoast.com
Fri Nov 5 17:59:30 EST 1999

A photographer for a national magazine was assigned to take pictures of a
great forest fire. He was advised that a small plane would be waiting to fly
him over the fire.

The photographer arrived at the airstrip just an hour before sundown. Sure
enough, a small Cessna airplane was waiting. He jumped in with his equipment
and shouted, "Let's go!" The tense man sitting in the pilot's seat swung the
plane into the wind and soon they were in the air, though flying
erratically.

"Fly over the north side of the fire," said the photographer, "and make
several low-level passes." "Why?" asked the nervous pilot. "Because I'm
going to take pictures!" yelled the photographer. "I'm a photographer, and
photographers take pictures."

The pilot replied, "You mean eh.. you're not the flight instructor...?"

For more more forestry related humor visit "Tales from the Forest" at
http://www.wildcoast.co.za/~mariusj/fortales
the biggest collection of forestry humor on the Web.