What is misseltoe worth?

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Sat Nov 6 13:03:10 EST 1999

Traditionally, the mistletoe which grows on oaks is the one gathered.
(from old Norse myths and such) Shooting the sprigs off sounds sort of
fun but may spread the sticky seed.  Control in conifer is pretty much a
matter of sanitation harvests- you remove the taller infested trees and
try to thin to a healthy stand.