What is misseltoe worth?

gates gates at gates.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 18:09:10 EST 1999

On the subject of mistletoe tea we get a range of herb teas here in the
UK but the mistletoe was taken out about a year ago.  EU rules I think.
The tea is a nerve calmer and so on but as stated the raw drug can do
much more and presumably this was the reason for the rules.  We had
Victory V lozenges too.  They had chloroform in which had to be removed
and they aren't the same nowadays.  Again it was EU regulations.

Mistletoe has an enormous value in the few weeks before Xmas when
covered in berries, if it is.  The trouble is there are all sorts of
mistletoe and the best person to help you is your area / state fruit and
veg. market managers.  Here in UK we get French mistletoe which is the
sort depicted on Xmas cards but there is a less leaved and berried
variety native to the UK.  If it can be brought to fruit at the right
time it can be a valuable cash crop.

Mistletoe can be used for a number of nasty concoctions but my favourite
use is as an initiator of a small Australian bird wiping its bum.  The
sticky mess goes right through the bird and it has to wipe its rear end
on a branch so causing the stuff to re-seed.  It is one of the few
creatures to wipe its rear end.

KIND REGARDS FROM:

L             E E E E E E       S S S S S
L             E                S         S
L             E                S S
L             E E E                S S
L             E                        S S
L             E                S         S
L L L L L     E E E E E E       S S S S S

THE AUTHOR OF THE MESSAGE ABOVE IS TERRIBLY CLEVER AND PERFECTLY QUALIFIED
TO GIVE ANY OPINION THAT HE HAS.  NO COPYRIGHT NOTICE IS ATTACHED AS TERRIBLY
CLEVER PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO ISSUE WRITS.  WORDS OF GREAT WISDOM COULD BE
APPENDED TO THIS SIG. BUT THE AUTHOR IS SO VERY CLEVER THAT HE NOW CHARGES
TO PROVIDE THEM AND ONLY REPLIES TO NEWSGROUP POSTINGS FOR HIS OWN AMUSEMENT.

  LES BALLARD, TREE WIZARD, C/O BM: GATES OF ANNWN, LONDON WC1N 3XX, U.K.
                            44+(0)1708 863080

             (GATES OF ANNWN IS A PAGAN CONTACT MAGAZINE)