Peripherals pay for forests

John Spikes geogood at globalnet.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 15:04:04 EST 1999

truffler is right that little or no or scornful regard is given to managing
forests for anything other than macho stuff like pulp or logs or a chance to
break a new&expensive bit of equipment . fungi,moss,foliage,cones,contorted
branches,bark,ANYTHING  pays better than raw timber ; maintains rather than
traumatises the forest structure , and uses the energy of a man and a sack
on his feet . How do you tell these suburban lumberjacks that wood is not
the only dish . I don't know whether it works right yet , but we have a
website with a practical -aspect forum to start to drag some real solutions
to the industrial version of lifeonearth , at www.goodstock.co.uk  . lets
show that words of more than 2 syllables can come out of the Country ...
news:7u7fsp$l8k$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...