Environmentalists Call for Fair Grazing Fees

Jim C jcampbell90 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 10:26:12 EST 1999

As a public forester I spent years opposing public land grazing.  Only
recently have I noted the benefits of biomass management to reduce fine
fuels that spread forest/range fires and even control alternate hosts of
some diseases that affect trees.  This needs research to evaluate the
potential benefits that might even justify the elimination of fees for
grazing.  Fencing, administration, etc does cost the taxpayer, but so does
response to preventable fires.  What about it, folks?