Revegetating your property

mary13 at my-deja.com mary13 at my-deja.com
Tue Sep 7 21:52:15 EST 1999

We have a small property in SE Qld on which we have planted stands of
eucalypts and cabinet timber trees (a few acres of each type) and now I
am trying to revegetate the rest of the place by planting rainforest
species which are native to this area. Unlike the earlier mentioned
stands of trees, which are planted in an orderly, plantation-style way,
I am planting the rainforest species here and there, particularly at
the edges of lantana clumps which tend to be weed free, provide
filtered shade and don't provide too much competition to the growing
tree seedlings. I would be interested in communicating with anyone
attempting the same sort of thing.
Mary

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/