INDUSTRY SEEKS JUDGE'S APPROVAL TO LOG TRACTS

Don Baccus dhogaza at pacifier.com
Fri Sep 10 10:45:54 EST 1999

In article <7rabsd$rp7$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <truffler1635 at my-deja.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure whether a presidential edict would take precedence over
>Congressionally passed laws, such as the ESA. I suspect the Supreme
>Court might have a say in such maneuverings.

It would start in Dwyer's court, of course.

But, I'm really thinking in terms of legislative action with
a friendly or at least neutral President.  Of course, we might
get a split in Congress since the voting public seems to
prefer not to have the Senate, House and President all in the
hands of one party.