INDUSTRY SEEKS JUDGE'S APPROVAL TO LOG TRACTS

truffler1635 at my-deja.com truffler1635 at my-deja.com
Fri Sep 10 23:41:03 EST 1999

In article <37d919a2.0 at news.pacifier.com>,
  dhogaza at pacifier.com (Don Baccus) wrote:
> In article <7rabsd$rp7$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <truffler1635 at my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure whether a presidential edict would take precedence over
> >Congressionally passed laws, such as the ESA. I suspect the Supreme
> >Court might have a say in such maneuverings.
>
> It would start in Dwyer's court, of course.
>
> But, I'm really thinking in terms of legislative action with
> a friendly or at least neutral President.  Of course, we might
> get a split in Congress since the voting public seems to
> prefer not to have the Senate, House and President all in the
> hands of one party.

You can say that again. And since a Republican-controlled Senate and
House can't compromise, it looks like the ESA will need to be repealed
before much can be done.

This points up the problem I have with legislators: politics is the art
of compromise. If it were up to politicians, pi would be equal to 3.

Then again, maybe that's how a cut involving 3 MBF becomes 2MBF. Anyone
checked recent legislation regarding pi? <G>

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/