Environmentalists Call for Fair Grazing Fees

HULTGREN arne at snowcrest.net
Wed Sep 15 21:42:43 EST 1999

USFS grazing allotments don't include fencing, water, management, and
usually are on marginally productive forage. This means not many animals can
be carried, per acre. The 'fair market value' of USFS/BLM grazing lands is
waaaaay below what you'd Old MacDonald to graze your steers on his lush,
fenced and watered pasture. They graze them in the remote mountains to
preserve grazing close to home for the Fall-Winter-Spring season....
news:7r0mhf$7ef$1 at news.ipa.net...