Premiums on Certified Lumber

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Sat Sep 18 12:10:19 EST 1999

I presume you're talking about the Smartwood certification process.
Locally it has become almost invisible after some initial PR.  It seems
to lend itself to the non-timber forest product market pretty well but
becomes frustrating when there are only a few, very large log buyers in
the area. This may not be the case for you.