Scholarship Opportunity

Rebecca Delfino rdelfino at cdintl.org
Thu Sep 23 13:51:09 EST 1999

Dear Fellow Newsgroup Members,

My name is Rebecca Reagan Delfino, and I have newly joined this list.  I am
an administrator with a small non-profit organization in New York City
called CDS International, Inc.  We are the administering organization of a
very unique scholarship program, the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for
Young Professionals.

I wanted to share with you some information about this program because it is
specifically tailored to participants whose fields or interests lie within
the realm of this newsgroup.

The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals is a one-year
scholarship program in Germany.  It combines 2 months of language study (so
you don’t have to know German to qualify), 4 months at a German University
of Applies Sciences, and a 5 month internship.  The program covers
international travel costs, living and transportation stipends, study costs,
and orientation, mid-year, and final seminars.  Participants must only
provide domestic travel and spending money for the year.

While the program is open to candidates from all fields but those requiring
special certification (medical or teaching, for example), our target group
consists of students and graduates in technical, vocational, agricultural
and business fields.  Other desired qualities are a clear career goal and
some related work experience, a strong sense of self and American identity,
and diplomacy.  Requirements are US citizenship and being between 18 and 24
years old.

It is CDS’s sincere desire that the participants of this program be as
diverse as the population of the US.  Even if you have not previously
considered yourself or your students to be the “study-abroad type” I urge
you to consider this remarkable scholarship opportunity.  Over the past 16
years it has made living abroad a possibility for over 850 young American
professionals from all economic and ethnic backgrounds.  Please help get the
word out so that we may offer this opportunity to as many deserving, unique
candidates as possible.

Interested applicants may find information, frequently asked questions, an
on line forum and downloadable applications at
http://www.cdsintl.org/cbyeprogram.html or by contacting CDS at (212)
497-3500 (reference CBYX) or cbyx at cdsintl.org.

Thanks for your attention.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Reagan Delfino
Assistant Program Officer
Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals
rdelfino at cdsintl.org