BioDev 2000 GE (Mutant) Trees Workshop

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Apr 12 08:28:32 EST 2000

truffler1635 at my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <38F1D474.9AB7722E at forestmeister.com>,
>   Joseph Zorzin <redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:
> > Forestry alone will never solve the carbon problem- not even an infinitesimal part
> > of it.
> >
> Darn! There goes that theory that the Carboniferous Period was populated
> by large numbers of trees, which gradually decayed, forming coal
> deposits. Pesky fossils always foul up the best theories.

Except that back then- there were no "naked apes" with cars, trains, and planes, and
houses with heating systems and air conditioners, factories, etc., etc., ad infinitum.
Not that I'm against forestry- I'm PRO forestry, more than almost anyone on this planet-
I'd like to see more forestry rather than idiot clearcutting and high grading which are
the most common forms of "forestry" on this continent.

--
Joe  Zorzin
Massachusetts Licensed Forester #261

Thomas Paine in his introduction to "Common Sense", wrote-
"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently
fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong,
gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable
outcry in defense of custom.  But the tumult soon subsides.  Time makes more converts
than reason."
http://www.bartleby.com/133/