Real deal on EPA Rules.

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sun Apr 16 15:27:18 EST 2000

mike peterson wrote:

> Excuse me Mr. Zorzin, better be careful with the mud slinging
> here (sorry but I have no idea what being a woodchuck is
> supposed to imply, nor do I care to).  EPA IS CALLING IT
> SILVICULTURE.  The term silviculture is splattered all over the
> proposed rule.  If you haven't seen the rule, take some time and
> look it over.

Yes, so that's true. Then it should have been clarified in the article by Mr.
Ebel, rather than continuing the confusing- he used the term as if he didn't
realize that mistake by the EPA. You missed my point. Ebel should have helped
point out that the EPA  is correct is some cases. Only a brain washed woodchuck
(brain washed forester/logger) could fail to acknowledge that some water
problems have occurred thanks to bad logging. As the president of the SAF- he
should have said something like "bad logging has caused some water problems- but
the profession is trying to fix those problems"- rather than the classic idiot
forester attack on the EPA and all environmentalists.

> You sure sound like an ornery cuss.  Did someone run over your
> dog??  <G>

No, but some morons have run over my profession of forestry. Foresters who
brainlessly attack the EPA and all enviros. Are you one of them?

What did you say you do for a living? It usually helps in this forestry world
when giving opinions to explain what you do- which usually helps explain your
attitude.

--
Joe  Zorzin
Massachusetts Licensed Forester #261

Thomas Paine in his introduction to "Common Sense", wrote-
"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet
sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not
thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and
raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.  But the tumult soon
subsides.  Time makes more converts than reason."
http://www.bartleby.com/133/