pre-historic plants

Rcjohnsen rcjohnsen at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 18:11:48 EST 2000

<< Subject: Re: pre-historic plants
From: expansus at technologist.com  (Asaphus expansus)
Date: Thu, Apr 20, 2000 9:22 PM

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:23:34 GMT, Bob Weber <bobweber at loop.com> wrote:

>I am currently writing a news article on pre-historic  plants.  These
>are plants that pre-date history, but are still thriving today.

How about...
Acer (e.g. integerrimum = subpictum) (tree)
Cercidophyllum crenatum
Daphnogene (recent: Cinnamomum) (tree, shrub)
Glyptostrobus (tree)
Liquidambar  (tree)
Osmunda (fern)
Platanus (tree)
Perocarya (shrub)
Sequoia (tree)
Taxodium (tree)
Ulmus (tree, shrub)
Zelkova (tree, shrub)

Some of these plants are "living fossils", but there are also very
strange plants like Welwitschia mirabilis (only distributed in the
Namib desert)...

Best regards
Archegonus

What do you mean, prehistoric??  Before recorded history or prior to 8000 years
ago?  I'm afraid you'd be writing an encyclopedia.
Roger