Pitch, resins, francinsence and myrrh

Larry Caldwell larryc at teleport.com
Wed Dec 27 13:45:45 EST 2000

In article <91qq58$ag2$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, truffler1635 at my-deja.com
writes:

> While I know _of_ Jeffrey pine (and probably have driven past it) I
> haven't seen it up close and personal. It is not common in my area.

Check out Chamaecyparis Lawsoniana (Port Orford Cedar) sometime.  It has
a delightful aroma.  Unfortunately, the tree is headed for extinction.
Most Port Orford Cedar forests have been closed to all unsterilized
equipment and vehicular access, so it is hard to find one to sniff.  Even
the mud on your boots could carry the blight in, so getting access to
Port Orford Cedar is quite a challenge.

I tried planting one in my yard once, but it died almost immediately.

--
The curse of the Earth is Mankind, and
The curse of Mankind is overpopulation.