OT: Nostradamus on Bush

David Ball wraith7 at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 27 23:21:02 EST 2000

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 19:24:38 -0800, Larry Caldwell
<larryc at teleport.com> wrote:

>In article <3A4A9EE2.646A6D9E at sprynet.com>, spampostmaster at sprynet.com
>writes:
>> Larry Caldwell wrote:
>
>> > Then there is the gun
>> > control insanity.  You will notice that Massachusetts had a massacre
>> > yesterday, in the state where private gun ownership is difficult and
>> > handgun ownership is almost impossible.
>
>> Yet the suspect had a handgun.  None of his guns was legally owned, according to
>> the Boston Globe.
>
>> http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/362/metro/Slaughter_at_the_office+.shtml
>
>You got it in one.  When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
>
>Fortunately, Clinton is gone, Gore is just a historical footnote, and
>Bush won't cave to idiot urban pressure groups.

	So, genius, tell me why the US has the dubious distinction of
having the highest number of gun-related deaths in just about every
category there is when compared to every other industrialized country
in the world? Duh...could it be because everybody and their dog owns a
gun? Are you suggesting that every gun related death is due to some
criminal with an unregistered gun? Care to explain why the homicide
rate for children under the age of 15 by guns is 5 times higher in the
US than the next 25 industrialized countries combined? Why the suicide
rate is twice the next 25 industrialized countries combined? And
before you quote me chapter and verse of the "right to bear arms"
nonsense, remember the 2nd amendment to your own constitution of 1791
reads, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a
free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not
be infringed." Now, perhaps you could explain exactly how a homicide
rate among children 5 times that of most of the industrialized world
aids in the formation of a well regulated militia?

	--
	Dave.