OT: Nostradamus on Bush

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Thu Dec 28 01:10:33 EST 2000

I have trimmed the groups to reflect the Charter of bionet.agroforestry, where this
post is off topic.

David Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 19:24:38 -0800, Larry Caldwell
> <larryc at teleport.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <3A4A9EE2.646A6D9E at sprynet.com>, spampostmaster at sprynet.com
> >writes:

> >> Yet the suspect had a handgun.  None of his guns was legally owned, according to
> >> the Boston Globe.
> >
> >> http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/362/metro/Slaughter_at_the_office+.shtml
> >
> >You got it in one.  When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
> >
> >Fortunately, Clinton is gone, Gore is just a historical footnote, and
> >Bush won't cave to idiot urban pressure groups.
> >

>         So, genius, tell me why the US has the dubious distinction of
> having the highest number of gun-related deaths in just about every
> category there is when compared to every other industrialized country
> in the world?

Look at it another way, compare the total number of firearms owned in America to the
number of homicides by firearms, and then compare the same number in other countries.
Your comparing apples to oranges with the old and worthless "country" gambit.

> Duh...could it be because everybody and their dog owns a
> gun?

Yep, better than 80 million own guns, and only around 16,000 gun related homicides a
year, the majority in minority neighborhoods and the victims, majority minority.

> Are you suggesting that every gun related death is due to some
> criminal with an unregistered gun? Care to explain why the homicide
> rate for children under the age of 15 by guns is 5 times higher in the
> US than the next 25 industrialized countries combined?

Can you explain why, in order to get these figures, the "experts" consider children to
be of an age to 23 when they state this bogus fact?

> Why the suicide
> rate is twice the next 25 industrialized countries combined?

Oh?  You only compare gun suicides, check the total number, genius.

> And
> before you quote me chapter and verse of the "right to bear arms"
> nonsense, remember the 2nd amendment to your own constitution of 1791
> reads, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a
> free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not
> be infringed." Now, perhaps you could explain exactly how a homicide
> rate among children 5 times that of most of the industrialized world
> aids in the formation of a well regulated militia?

See above.  If the Second Amendment is bogus, than the rest are, so why do you post
here in full righteous fervor in the 1st Amendment?