Aquaculture (was Re: agroforestry question)

TREEFARMER at webtv.net TREEFARMER at webtv.net
Wed Feb 2 07:37:38 EST 2000

When catfish farming got big in the South some of our local farmers
thought they could do it also, without much success. In short, winter
losses were severe. Moreover, I have a cousin that's associated with a
large Mississippi Co-op and they're having a tough time keeping market
share as the competition has gotten severe.
This seems to be the age of build a business then sell out quickly for
more than it's worth.
Interesting about Oregon's pond law, glad we don't have it here.