tree volume question

theo hopkins thopkins at thopkins.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 12:37:31 EST 2000

In article <389da588 at oit.umass.edu>, D <drollins at student.umass.edu>
writes
>What exactly does the unit "Mbf" stand for?   Say a veneer log is 24" at the
>small end and 16' long, and it's worth say $300/Mbf. If that log contains
>425bf (International), what is that log worth? Is there an equation I'm not
>finding?

Someone else will answer your volume question?

But, hey! What's this about  'International'. The Internationals in this
group work in cubic meters, unless they are crusty old-fashioned Brits
who sometimes still work in a totally weird measurement called 'Hoppus
feet'.  <g>

BTW. One cubic metre is 417 board feet.
--
theo hopkins