tree volume question

theo hopkins thopkins at
Sun Feb 6 12:37:31 EST 2000

In article <389da588 at>, D <drollins at>
>What exactly does the unit "Mbf" stand for?   Say a veneer log is 24" at the
>small end and 16' long, and it's worth say $300/Mbf. If that log contains
>425bf (International), what is that log worth? Is there an equation I'm not
Someone else will answer your volume question?

But, hey! What's this about  'International'. The Internationals in this
group work in cubic meters, unless they are crusty old-fashioned Brits
who sometimes still work in a totally weird measurement called 'Hoppus
feet'.  <g>

BTW. One cubic metre is 417 board feet.
theo hopkins