Hungarian Forestry

Olivier Martre Olivier.Martre at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 7 21:13:27 EST 2000

Alastair Tibbitt <alastairtibbitt at genie.co.uk> a écrit dans le message :
86n1vk$r1p$3 at supernews.com...
> Hi folks,
>
> It looks as though I've managed to organise a voluntary placement to
Hungary
> for a year, and before I go I'd like to find out as much about the History
> and Background of Hungarian Forestry. Also I'd greatly appreciate any help
> in contacting people in 'Sustainable' or 'comunity' forestry projects in
> Hungary.

There is a "stichting robinia" in the Netherlands that deals with promoting
robinia pseudoacacia (black locust) as a substitute for tropical hardwoods.
There certainly have connections to environmental forest-related
associations in Hungary, as Hungary is the biggest acacia producer and
processor in Europe. You'll probably find them through UK environmental
foundations. If not, mail me, I know forest technicians who travelled there,
I'll ask them.

Olivier.Martre at wanadoo.fr