Who Owns United States Forests?

theo hopkins thopkins at thopkins.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 12:42:12 EST 2000

In article <38AD281D.3F0D94D1 at daviesand.com>, Karl Davies
<karl at daviesand.com> writes

>theo hopkins wrote:
>
>> In article <38ACA37E.4BEF8B0B at daviesand.com>, Karl Davies
>> <karl at daviesand.com> writes
>> >This question recently came up on saf-news.  For the answer, go to
>> >http://www.daviesand.com/Papers/Politics/Top_Rot/US_Forests/.
>> >
>> >--
>> >Karl Davies, Practicing Forester
>> >http://www.daviesand.com
>> >

>> Only a question if there is a concept of ownership of land?
>
>Right.  I guess we have the Romans to thank for that notion.
>
>> King George the something or other and a lot of Brits stole it,
>
>And of course the Romans stole "Brit" land from the Celts.
>
>> along
>> with the Pilgrim Fathers, from Native Americans, and then a lot of
>> American settlers stole it through the use of terrorism from King
>> George, etc.
>
>Yes, it's sort of like child abuse, isn't it?  It gets handed down from one
>generation/nation to the next.
>
>> (Terrorism?? Check your dictionary against the word terrorism, and check
>> that against the actions of Washington, and other white American
>> terrorist guerilla leaders).
>
>Hmmm.  Interesting thought.  I never thought of my ancestors as terrorists.
>Maybe they were.

They were.
>In any case, the USA is now the biggest terrorist nation
>on Earth, way ahead of the competition...led by the UK of course.

Umm, no, _not_ the Brits. When we went to war, we did it in uniform, and
were a hunky-dory fully paid up Sovereign State. That's called 'War'.

Washington and his terrorist bunch did not wear uniform (they had this
scurrilous new-fangled idea of camouflage, so I'm told, and even dressed
like peasants), and were not a lawful government or lawful government
agency. That's 'Terrorism'. <g>

--
theo hopkins