Forestry in the 1980s

Christopher Erickson chrerick at email.msn.com
Mon Jan 3 11:28:36 EST 2000

When Mount St. Helens blow its top I was laying in my bed at my parents
home, having just graduated from college. I heard the bang and thought it
was a car back firing. But when I got up there was a mushroom cloud in my
parents' backyard. (It looked just like the famous poster.)

At the time I was working for Multnomah Plywood, which owned a small part of
Mount St. Helens (they had bought a parsel from Burlington). I believe that
particular piece of the volcano is now in Yellow Stone:) The destruction of
that land was among the factors that led to the ultimate bankruptcy of
Multnoma a few years later.
news:84ov9b$ail$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...