Butternut (Juglans cinerea) decline question.

Harold Lindaberry harlind at epix.net
Sat Jan 22 09:34:58 EST 2000

Starbuck wrote:

> Dormant oil sprays are recommended for macro-organisms that live through the
> winter on buds, twigs, leaves, and trunks of trees and other woody plants.
> It's generally an insecticide.  I'm not familiar with any oil spray
> recommendations for fungal diseases.

    In the past dormant oil sprays containing dinitro or Elgetol ( or other
mercury compounds  ) were commonly used and were quite effective in reducing
primary infection of apples. as well as control of over wintering insects.

 Nature limits what we can do, Science limits what we understand,
Theory what we can think, and Religion what we can hope " Lindaberry
1998

Harold Lindaberry    reply E - mail    harlind at epix.net
visit OXGORE website at  http://www.epix.net/~harlind
RESEARCH GOES WHERE RESEARCH LEADS