Where should we have drawn the line?

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sat Jun 17 05:57:54 EST 2000

"D. Staples" wrote:

> Piney Woods Journal, June 2000
>
> Forester asks, Where should we have drawn the line?
>
> Where Should We Have Drawn The Line?
>
>  By:  Harry Wiant,          Past President, Society of American
> Foresters

Oh, guys and gals, wait to you see just this pinhead SAF president had to
say!

> It was my pleasure to be one of the speakers on a panel at the recent
> Winter Meeting of the Allegheny SAF in Titusville, PA.  Kathe Frank
> (USFS) spoke first, giving a wonderful talk on "Dealing with
> Preservationists” and Kenny Kane (Forest Consultant) following me with a
> challenging message, "Can We Pull it Off" The topic I was "assigned" was
> "Where Do We Draw the Line?", which I quickly changed (see above)
> probably to the surprise of no one.
>
> If  you'll excuse a bit of W.W.II terminology, we were driven off the
> forestry beachhead long ago when we gave up defending clearcutting,

You idiot! Defending clearcutting as your core strategy!

> one
> of our most valuable tools.  Numerous studies by USFS, university, and
> private investigators demonstrated the appropriateness of clearcutting,
> even in our Appalachian hardwoods.  Why have these publications
> ceased?   Has the ecology of our species and stands changed?  Of course
> not! The sad truth is that our research and science is hostage to
> political
> correctness.

Sure, it may be a good tool in SOME PLACES UNDER SOME CIRCUMSTANCES, which
is not a defense for it for all places under any circumstances- such as a
timber beast convincing a landowner that clearcutting is the best practice
when the timber beast just wants to rip off the landowner. Clearcutting
happens to have some advantages like a fast way to disinvest in the forest
and to maximize short term profits but such a result, if not in the long
term interest of the ownership, just because the logger wants it- isn't
justified.

> Our retreat became a rout when our professional society and leaders
> accepted with silence the appointment of non-foresters as Chiefs of the
> USDA Forest Service.  Not reflecting on the individuals, who may be most
> honorable, it's a territorial testimony to our ineffectiveness (or
> political cowardliness)

Hey, now you're talking. <G>

> to fail to protest in the strongest terms when
> non-foresters heard our largest forestry organization.

"our" largest forestry organization? It's the public's forestry
organization. It doesn't belong to the SAF, the USFS, and the other folks
who have enriched themselves with this renewable resource.

>  We have stood by
> while the Forest Service, once the finest  in the federal bureaucracy,

BULLSHIT

> was
> destroyed and now marches arm-in-arm with the Sierra Club.

I think all SAF presidents are brain dead. <G>

> Our ragtag troops raised the white flag when we gave ecosystem
> management credence, even though we have no idea what it means or how to
> do it.

That's for sure, you fricken dummy. <G>

>  It is all too plain what is has done to management on our
> national forest.  Now some foresters pretend we really need third party
> certification,

DUH

> a few will probably accept the ludicrous notion of
> returning much of our forest land to some arbitrary pre settlement
> condition,

DUH

> and well known leaders in our profession try to convince us
> that so-called
> environmentalists are our friends.

Can't you just sense his INTENSE hatred of enviros? These battles won't end
until the foresters BECOME enviros.

>  It they are our friends, pray tell
> what would an enemy look like?

Your biggest enemy is yourself, yuh dumb ass woodchucks.

> There is little chance that forest industry will find the will and the
> way to produce the continuous and expensive TV ads I promoted strongly,
> a move so necessary for their own survival.

Grow up, you moron. Nobody believes your dumb ass woodchuck propaganda. <G>

>  Surely they will at least
> take the advice a forester gave years ago and print Product of Our
> Renewable Forest on every roll of toilet paper, every piece of plywood,
> everywhere it can remind consumers that someone must produce.  That is
> an almost no-cost strategy which would slowly educate our propagandized
> public.

A public so propagandized by USFS and SAF propaganda that it continues to
pay billions each year for the USFS to manage a renewable resource, that
should be making many billions each year in profit for the public WHILE
doing it correctly- practicing ECOFORESTRY.

> Many of our once proud army have accepted the rhetoric of the enemy,

What a fucking moron! This guy is a Nazi.

> many have left the profession in hopeless surrender,

Yes, driven out by the Nazis and Mafioso who have led it.

> but thankfully a
> few "real foresters" still stand their ground.

DUH

>  Can we regroup and move
> forward again?  The tattered flag of SAF flutters weakly in the breeze,

What is this, some Confederate fight song? DUH

> and with a strong voice, it could still serve to rally our forces.

Oh my God, this guy is the dumbest ass woodchuck of all the dumb ass
woodchucks of the entire profession, no wonder he was president of the SAF.
<G>

> Truth and science are powerful weapons.

Right, and you have neither. <G>

>  As I said in my campaign
> statement years ago, we may not win, but we can  go down knowing we
> fought the good fight.  There are worse things than fighting and losing
> for a just cause.  And, we might just win, but to be brutally realistic,
> it will take a miracle.

You stupid cretin- the type of guy who has helped destroy forestry as a
profession!

This is a good example of why forestry is a failed profession, thanks to
these morons in "leadership" roles who are as stupid as they come, selfish,
greedy, backward, parasites on the public forest.

--
Joe  Zorzin
Massachusetts Licensed Eco Forester #261