Browner, and EPA

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sun Jun 18 04:24:02 EST 2000

HubCap wrote:

Com on HubCap, tell us who you are, where you are, and what you do for a living.
Otherwise, your comments will not be taken seriously- hiding behind that cute
e-name.

> 4d rules were issued for the NSO in Calif, Ore., & Wa. in 1996. After
> splitting off the California Spotted Owl due to its over abundance, it is
> now being repetitioned w/ the FWS for listing. This 4d rule by NMFS is a
> major power grab and consolidation in the attack on forestry here in the
> west. NMFS (staff members) has some pretty cozy connections to regional
> environmental groups, on the North Coast of California, at least. The EPA is
> trying get forestry classed an point source pollution and thereby subject to
> the CWA. and by extension WDR's.
>
> Along the Klamath River, NMFS floated a trial balloon (typically
> Clintonesque) that would require any activity within 300' of a stream to be
> subject to permit. They were so onerous

What, the brain dead woodchuck can't figure out how to measure 300'? Why is this
so onerous? Maybe the enviros consider work done by such woodchucks close to
streams to be onerous.

> that one local timber company
> abandoned their HCP process: in effect said "screw it, trying to satisfy
> these folks is impossible."

Especially when you're brain dead. Like people who refuse to say who they are.

--
Joe  Zorzin
Massachusetts Licensed Eco Forester #261