Declining Oil Reserves

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Tue Mar 14 18:21:59 EST 2000

Ted Kegebein wrote:

> David South wrote:
>
> > Ted Kegebein wrote:

> > > Interesting link, David.  But, has the world forgot the Hindenburg?
> > >
> > > Ted
> > > tweaking Linux for the next century
> >
> > Dear Ted:
> >
> > What is your alternative to using fossil fuels to power automobiles for
> > the next century?
>
> I have no problem with Hydrogen. I recognize the fact that every
> human endavor has risks.  But I also understand that the news
> media will replay the Hindenburg every time any Hydrogen tank
> explodes.
>
> As far as alternatives, I'm all for damming up every mud puddle
> in America, Nuclear Power, Using the Methane reserves off-shore,
> Solar Power, Power Cells, Biomass,  Oil exploration in Alaska, and
> any other means which would lessen our dependency on a bunch
> of Sheiks.

How about people not wasting energy- which might help us to not be forced into
damming up every puddle, and cooking atoms resulting in radioactive waste which your
descendents will have to live for the next million years.

I do agree that it should be a national policy to end importation of all energy.
This policy should have been accomplished by now, the energy crisis began a quarter
century ago. It's nuts that we haven't shaken off our dependence on foreign oil.