Fungi fd 9/30/2000

truffler1635 at my-deja.com truffler1635 at my-deja.com
Mon Oct 2 16:45:10 EST 2000

In article <39d88d22.46572445 at news.uniserve.com>,
  CaptainMaxMushroom at webcity.ca wrote:
> There are so many 'theories' like that out there.
>
> Here's a couple more popular ones:  5 days after a New moon
>
>                               and if that doesn't work:
>
>                                              5 days after a Full moon

Therory? That *theory* came from Prof. David Hosford, whom I consider
probably _the_ most knowledgeable authority on Tricholoma matsutake and
Tricholoma magnilevare at this time.

Theory if you like.

I presume you haven't seen his photos of matsutake grown in temperature/
humidity controlled greenhouses in Japan?

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com