Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Mon Oct 23 07:34:37 EST 2000

I just discovered an amazing ultra right wing perspective on
forestry on the official Ayn Rand web site. Check it out at
http://www.aynrand.org/medialink/forestry.shtml

That wasn't just any old essay- it was delivered to the
California Forestry Association. I'm sure the author, Peter
Schwartz, got a standing ovation for his visceral
misrepresentation and obvious hatred of environmentalism-
because such ideas actually represent the "party line" of this
industry.

The really absurd thing about this is that he hasn't a clue
about forestry. What he does know, like any politician is what
the audience wants to hear- and this is clearly the kind of
ignorant stuff the logging industry of America loves to hear!

I'm now convinced that what currently in America passes for the
"forestry profession" is utterly unreformable. An entirely new
profession of eco-forestry should arise. It should not attempt
to reform the current brain dead forestry "profession" but go
past it and ignore it until its brain rot kills it off. <G>

Perhaps Peter will show up in alt.forestry and defend himself. I
have cc'd this message to the Any Rand Institute and I hereby
challenge Peter to debate his ideas in the newsgroups. I dare
him. If Peter replies to me privately, I'll just put his message
back into the newsgroups.

--
Joe  Zorzin
http://forestmeister.com