Karl Davies karl at daviesand.com
Wed Oct 25 06:31:29 EST 2000

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> I just discovered an amazing ultra right wing perspective on
> forestry on the official Ayn Rand web site. Check it out at
> http://www.aynrand.org/medialink/forestry.shtml
>
> That wasn't just any old essay- it was delivered to the
> California Forestry Association. I'm sure the author, Peter
> Schwartz, got a standing ovation for his visceral
> misrepresentation and obvious hatred of environmentalism-
> because such ideas actually represent the "party line" of this
> industry.

Yup.  Those guys love that kind of BS.  That's why they invited Schwartz
to their meeting.  They were all sitting there nodding their heads,
taking notes and saying "Halleluliah Brother!"

The next day, just to prove some of his points, Schwartz took a flight
to southern Argentina where he spent several weeks lying in the high UV
sun without sunscreen, and drinking cocktails of Alar, DDT, PCBs,
dioxins, and whatever other industrial chemical crap he could lay his
paws on.

His little demonstration was such an inspiration to the California
Forestry Association, that they're planning a group trip to Argentina to
emulate his example.

KD