Bioremediation, forests and fungi

Mike H. mhagen at olympus.net
Wed Oct 25 17:27:06 EST 2000

No, no not a choker.  A chain is a surveyor's steel tape.  One of the
unofficial but mandatory skills for a field forester used to be
"throwing" -coiling- the tape without kinking it. At my school, splicing
a logger's eye, by hand, in 9/16 wire rope was another off the record
requirement.  It's all in the wrist...