Dying Pine Trees

Rob robwinchester at cookeville.com
Thu Oct 26 00:22:24 EST 2000

Dear Ed And Christine,

    I don't know if you are having the same problem as other land owners in Tennessee , but if you are , you probably have one or more of the varieties of pine bore beetles. The mild winters we have for the past 4 or 5 years are a contributing factor as it has not been cold enough to kill the little bugs. I too have a 2 acre spread of pines next to my home and I am now beginning to see the first signs of the beetles. We are debating weather to sell the timber or take the chance and let happen what will.

    You may be able to get some kind of insecticide to kill of prevent the spread of further infestation.

                                                                        Sorry to hear of your misfortune,

                                                                                Rob Winchester