David Gossman dgossman at gcisolutions.com
Thu Oct 26 06:53:00 EST 2000

John Musielewicz <a123456 at bitstream.net> wrote in message
news:42949508342467836177NEWS2LX at news.bitstream.net...
> > I guess your desire for more government regulations to control who can
> > practice forestry is just in my imagination? No, its still there. Please
try
> > again. If the environmental organizations would spend more on buying and
> > really protecting real habitat rather than on Washington attorneys you
might
> > have a case - clearly you and they do not - not till you and they
practice
> > what you preach.
> >
> > David Gossman
> >

> What an uninformed opinion. It doesn't do any good to buy a ten acre
> plot and keep it pristine unless you enact regulations affecting *all*
> other ten acre plots around you.

Which is why it takes more than a ten acre plot. But thanks for admitting
you are working for more government regulation.

> Plus if you bothered to ask
> environmentalists you'd find that most of them own land and are keeping
> it in its natural state. It takes a lot to be a complete habitat. We
> are just finding that out. There are reports from many public forests
> and widerness areas that the managers are finding, they, as they are set
> aside now, are not complete habitats and there will be problems
> with mammel populations in a few years. Which is a good reason to
> expand the areas. Habitat is more than just a
> little grass, and a few trees. Managment is more than just a little
> logging.

I am well aware of that and practice it - rather clearly you are not willing
to do anything but try to tell others what they should do and try to get
government to force people to do what you want done. Only question is why
can't you see the failure in your logic.

David Gossman