David Gossman dgossman at gcisolutions.com
Thu Oct 26 07:04:17 EST 2000

Ian St. John <istjohn at spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:972521326.615174 at sai.velocet.net...

> "David Gossman" <dgossman at gcisolutions.com> wrote in message
> news:u3zJ5.22726$rD3.1525729 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
> <snip >
> > H ardly, but why should the small number of extremists have more
> influence?
> > Those extremists have a huge impact. They scare people and seem to get
> their
> > kicks from doing so.
>
> David. Would you really have me believe that you are quaking in your boots
> because of what some 'environmental extremist' has said?

I have seen to cause senior managers in companies quake in their boots. I
have enough experience to deal with them as needed.

> If any message has an impact it is because the message is read and the
> reader agrees. There is no 'magic' that gives them power to sway minds
> against the beliefs and wills of the hearer.

You are apparently unaware of the concept of fear.

> What you are really saying is that environmental protection is being
backed
> by too large a percentage of the population.

Environmental protection has nothing to do with what the fear mongerers are
about nor is it any longer what EPA is about. They are after power - pure
and simple. They do it by scaring people and playing on ignorance. You
should be ashamed for defending such actions. It certainly is not helping
the environment and frequently does the opposite. Which side are you really
on, the side that uses fear to gain power or those who want to really help
the environment?

David Gossman