John Musielewicz a123456 at bitstream.net
Thu Oct 26 05:43:58 EST 2000

> John Musielewicz <a123456 at bitstream.net> wrote in message
> news:42949508342467836177NEWS2LX at news.bitstream.net...
> > > I guess your desire for more government regulations to control who can
> > > practice forestry is just in my imagination? No, its still there. Please
> try
> > > again. If the environmental organizations would spend more on buying and
> > > really protecting real habitat rather than on Washington attorneys you
> might
> > > have a case - clearly you and they do not - not till you and they
> practice
> > > what you preach.
> > >
> > > David Gossman
> > >

> > What an uninformed opinion. It doesn't do any good to buy a ten acre
> > plot and keep it pristine unless you enact regulations affecting *all*
> > other ten acre plots around you.
>
> Which is why it takes more than a ten acre plot. But thanks for admitting
> you are working for more government regulation.
>
> > Plus if you bothered to ask
> > environmentalists you'd find that most of them own land and are keeping
> > it in its natural state. It takes a lot to be a complete habitat. We
> > are just finding that out. There are reports from many public forests
> > and widerness areas that the managers are finding, they, as they are set
> > aside now, are not complete habitats and there will be problems
> > with mammel populations in a few years. Which is a good reason to
> > expand the areas. Habitat is more than just a
> > little grass, and a few trees. Managment is more than just a little
> > logging.
> >
> I am well aware of that and practice it - rather clearly you are not willing
> to do anything but try to tell others what they should do and try to get
> government to force people to do what you want done. Only question is why
> can't you see the failure in your logic.
>
> David Gossman

Probably because the system you decry works. Industry lives in fear of the EPA,
environmentalists are protecting the earth, and working to change the
areas where the government is doing a poor job in its stewardship of
the land. We just had a president that laid aside more land since T.
Roosevelt. The economy is in great shape, unemployment is low, more people
are becoming rich than any time in history. This are certainly much
better than the Regan/bush years.
Individual rights are protected. Things are going well. Stastics show
there are more people interested in environmentalism than ever before.
Hopefully few will faddish. Sorry to hear
things are going poorly for you. Maybe, if (and this is a big if), instead
of talking, you went out and did something about it it might change.

John