David Gossman dgossman at gcisolutions.com
Sat Oct 28 21:51:02 EST 2000

"John Musielewicz" <a123456 at bitstream.net> wrote in message
news:42949561892467838848NEWS2LX at news.bitstream.net...
> > Ian St. John <istjohn at spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > news:972521326.615174 at sai.velocet.net...
> > >
> > > "David Gossman" <dgossman at gcisolutions.com> wrote in message
> > > news:u3zJ5.22726$rD3.1525729 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
> > > <snip >
> > > influence?
> > > their
> > >
> > > David. Would you really have me believe that you are quaking in your
boots
> > > because of what some 'environmental extremist' has said?
> >
> > I have seen to cause senior managers in companies quake in their boots.
> > have enough experience to deal with them as needed.
> > >
> > > If any message has an impact it is because the message is read and the
> > > reader agrees. There is no 'magic' that gives them power to sway minds
> > > against the beliefs and wills of the hearer.
> >
> > You are apparently unaware of the concept of fear.
> > >
> > > What you are really saying is that environmental protection is being
> > backed
> > > by too large a percentage of the population.
> > >
> > Environmental protection has nothing to do with what the fear mongerers
are
> > about nor is it any longer what EPA is about. They are after power -
pure
> > and simple. They do it by scaring people and playing on ignorance. You
> > should be ashamed for defending such actions. It certainly is not
helping
> > the environment and frequently does the opposite. Which side are you
really
> > on, the side that uses fear to gain power or those who want to really
help
> > the environment?
> >
> > David Gossman
>
> Sounds like someone got caught by the EPA:-). Glad to hear the EPA is
> doing its job.

The people I have seen get 'caught' by the EPA were doing their jobs while
the EPA was involved in political posturing. Fines are wittled down to
almost nothing and at that point is cheaper for the companies to pay it off
rather than pay the attorneys to go to court. You may approve of coercion,
fraud and deception in the government - I do not. In the meantime the
environment and people suffer the consequences. To bad you are so busy
defending such actions that you can not see them for what they are...or
maybe you do???

David Gossman