Loren Petrich petrich at netcom.com
Mon Oct 30 01:54:03 EST 2000

In article <fbzJ5.22739$rD3.1526523 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
David Gossman <dgossman at gcisolutions.com> wrote:

> Actually governments are the ecosystem's worst nightmare. Corporations set
> up as an artificial and protected extension of government come in second -
> that is not private industry. And I'll bet you think more government is the
> answer...

   What do you mean by that? Be specific.

   And I have a speculation.

   That if environmentalists buy up enough land, those that want to
exploit that land in an environmentally irresponsible manner will try
to use something like eminent domain to grab it from them.

   And their admirers and paid flacks will forget about their former
property-rights absolutism and claim that property rights do *not*
include the right to practice economic sabotage.

--
Loren Petrich
petrich at netcom.com
Happiness is a fast Macintosh