Some American Truffles

Len Len_Poli at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:14:04 EST 2000

Tom wrote:

> A quick question. Has anybody tried to raise truffles and if so what
> were the results. I am interested in doing this.
> Tom

A lot of people would like to know the answer to that question :-)
About 20 years ago, an member of the San Francisco Mycology Society
traveled the foothills of California's Sierra Nevada mountains
attempting to inoculate various tree roots with both black and white
truffles.  He work on this project for years with no luck...not even a
pea size truffle grew.  I don't know if anyone is continuing with this
project..you might try contacting the society.