Langrrr Langrrr at aol.com
Tue Oct 31 18:14:08 EST 2000

In article <39FF4341.C6CC8F0C at tc.umn.edu>,
  Paul Bramscher <brams006 at tc.umn.edu> wrote:
> You completely miss the point.  In addition, I wouldn't extrapolate
from
> "some people take care of the environment" to "everyone takes care of
the
> environment."  Look around you, travel the country, and witness
otherwise.

I'm sorry, didn't you write:

I do understand what you were saying.  You are wrong.  And I have
looked around this country and can tell you with great certainty that
the vast majority of individuals protect that which is theirs, and that
pollution and neglect come with what is held commonly - a situation
called "the tragedy of the commons".  Such a situation goes counter to
your viewpoint, and buttresses mine.

 - Andrew Langer

--
Any posts by Andrew Langer are his own, written by him, for his own
enjoyment (and the education of others).  Unless expressly stated,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.