[saf-news] letter to Northern Logger magazine

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Sep 15 06:36:52 EST 2000

Bill Samal, a wood buyer for an electric utility monopoly in
northern Vermont, wrote:

> Since a reference was made to that letter can we see it?

Oh, you can read about it in my "The Smoking Gun of government
complicity with the logging industry against real foresters"
rant. Just go to
http://forestmeister.com/global-online-essays/duh-director.html.
In there you'll see an URL to the letter. The recipient of the
letter from the Director, sent a copy of it to some "other"
dangerously revolutionary consultant from western Massachusetts-
who passed it to me so that I can pass it, the smoking gun, to
everyone on planet Earth, to show everyone on this planet how
enlightened the logging... er... I mean the forestry
establishment is. <G>

The name of the consultant who got this inspiring letter from
the Director isn't given as he, like most consultants, is too
timid to have his name in public over such a delicate issue of
extremely revolutionary importance, but he is a Mass. consultant
and member of the Mass. Assoc. of Professional Foresters.

Ayup, our glorious Duh-rector said to that dangerous
revolutionary that requiring a licensed forester's signature on
a logging plan is, "a revolutionary change that would profoundly
and negatively affect timber industry".

No doubt it would profoundly affect the timber industry and the
entire forestry establishment, but as to how he concluded that
the affect would be "negative" is one of the profound mysteries
of the universe. Perhaps Mr. Frederick will enlighten the world
on this subject, and how this statement aligns with the mission
of the job he holds, according to state law, which I posted in
my above mentioned "rant".

--
Joe  Zorzin
Massachusetts Licensed Eco Forester #261

My new high grading web site, a picture is worth 1,000 rants,
showing what the forestry establishment gets us!
http://forestmeister.com/high-grading/