[Fwd: [saf-news] Old Growth better than plantations]

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sun Sep 24 03:02:59 EST 2000

truffler1635 at my-deja.com wrote:

(snipped)

> Of course, if foresters aren't growing fungi it's hard to see how they
> can claim to be growing trees, since mycorrhizal fungi are so important
> to tree health and growth.
>
> Daniel B. Wheeler
> www.oregonwhitetruffles.com

So, how do we grow fungi?

I don't know anything about the stuff except that I like to eat mushrooms. <G>

BTW, Daniel, you should sign up for the SAF list. It's been getting a lot of traffic (much more than this
newsgroup) since Karl Davies and I hang out in there and harass the resident woodchucks. <G>

So, if anyone wants to sign up for the Soc. of American Foresters list (ya don't hafta be a forester)- just
go to http://www.safnet.org/science/safnews.htm.

--
Joe  Zorzin
http://forestmeister.com

"If you can’t say something nice, say something surrealistic."
Zippy the Pinhead