Treatment for Poplar infection?

Betsy Brown betsy at newsink.com
Sat Sep 30 13:59:07 EST 2000

I had six beautiful mature Poplar trees that started dying last year.
Last year, we had one removed and one trimmed of almost all limbs. A
year later, we need to remove another and the rest of the one without
limbs. I only have 4 left and the infection seems to be spreading to
neighboring trees. The root system seems healthy as there are numerous
shoots apparently from the tree removed last year.

Our arborist believes it's a virus or infection that might be treated so
we can save the trees. Does this sound familiar? We are in Central
Oregon and the arborist says this is widespread in our area.

What can we do to save our few remaining trees?

---