From the Ashes

Bob Weinberger forestry at eoni.com
Tue Jan 16 20:10:08 EST 2001

Because the anount and character of the slash that may be left is so
variable, it would be very difficult to to get a good broadly applicable
trade-off analysis.
One of the least expensive ways to reduce your risk and to speed up
decomposition of the slash would be to lop the limbs on the slash, or better
yet, if you can get equipment thru the stand, run over the slash with a
small "cat" pulling a roller with fins on it to mash down & break up the
slash.

Bob Weinberger

"Martin E. Lewitt" <lewitt at swcp.com> wrote in message
news:942oo9$d99 at llama.swcp.com...