Wood Pellets

dwheeler at my-deja.com dwheeler at my-deja.com
Wed Jan 24 23:06:56 EST 2001

In article <01C08620.DDAE5880 at STEAM2>,
  dhanson at pfpc.mb.ca (Doug Hanson) wrote:
> I am trying to find out if bark can be pelletized and what problems are associated with this.

I believe bark could be pelletized as easily as any other material.
Pellets are simply compressed material forced into a small cylinder,
which squeezes most of the moisture out of the original material.

There is some problem with the liquid squeezed out. It can contain toxic
compounds, but I am not qualified to tell you what they are.

Is there a reason that bark would be better pelletized than wood chips or
sawdust?

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com

Sent via Deja.com