Douglas-fir Chloroplast DNA

John Nelson jnelson at seastarbio.com
Wed Jun 20 10:06:53 EST 2001

Hi
I have been trying to isolate Douglas-fir chloroplast DNA for the past 6
months.  I manage to get what seems to be decent quantities, and it can be
cut with restriction enzymes but will not ligate into the cloning vector
(pUC18) I'm using.

I am trying to make a Cp-DNA library for sequencing to try and find
polymorphic regions for genotyping to follow pollen flow.

Any ideas?

Any body have a bit of Doug-fir chloroplast DNA they could sport me?
Thanks
John

University of Victoria
Department of Biology - CEH
PO BOX 3020, Victoria, BC, Canada, V8W 3N5
jnelson at uvic.ca
250-472-4072

SeaStar Biotech Inc.
32056-3749 Shelbourne St.