[Fwd: FORESTS: Amazon Worth Hundreds of Billions of Dollars]

dynomax f0rester at freenet.nether.net
Tue Mar 27 21:31:12 EST 2001

This is the biggest pile of nonsense i've read in quite some time.  I
haven't even looked at this newsgroup, and this is what I come in and see?
First of all, forests shouldn't be generalized as North American, they
should be separated first into canadian and american forests.  Some
difference in the managment in both, and obviously ownership of both.

> And if we in North America BEGAN to properly manage all our woodlands,
> except those put aside as parks, wilderness, old growth reserves, etc.-
then

So you're saying this isn't managment?  I guess you are thinking more along
the line of harvesting management maybe?

Obviously high grading has an effect on the genetics of trees today, but
shouldn't effect plantations, or does it?

news:3ABCA975.F811DB4A at forestmeister.com...