[Fwd: FORESTS: Amazon Worth Hundreds of Billions of Dollars]

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Mar 28 06:39:22 EST 2001

dynomax wrote:

> This is the biggest pile of nonsense i've read in quite some time.

Hey, Mr. Dynomax, what's your real name and who do you work for? That helps us
to understand who and what you really are.

> haven't even looked at this newsgroup, and this is what I come in and see?
> First of all, forests shouldn't be generalized as North American, they
> should be separated first into canadian and american forests.

There was a point to it, but I won't try to enlighten you any further. <G>

>  Some
> difference in the managment in both, and obviously ownership of both.
>
> > And if we in North America BEGAN to properly manage all our woodlands,
> > except those put aside as parks, wilderness, old growth reserves, etc.-
> then
>
> So you're saying this isn't managment?  I guess you are thinking more along
> the line of harvesting management maybe?

Yes, because THESE ARE FORESTRY NEWSGROUPS, not park and preservation
newsgroups. duh....

> Obviously high grading has an effect on the genetics of trees today, but
> shouldn't effect plantations, or does it?

What's your point? When it comes to plantations, I hold to the middle ground.
I'm neither fur'em nor agin'em- I just don't want to work with them myself. If
you do, fine by me.

--
Joe Zorzin
http://forestmeister.com/