Preserving tree slices

D. Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Fri Sep 21 22:45:08 EST 2001

Don't think you want to use oil if your going to finish it later.  Best bet
is beat the split to the punch, cut radially from bark to pith on a straight
line.  When dry fill the split with car body putty or some other filler.
Finish to liking.  Keeping it from splitting is virtually impossible without
going into PEG or one of the replacement materials.

--
Don Staples

For current views on Forestry and the Environment, watch the news groups
bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry.   In additon, About.com/forestry/
news:3babb67e.140930592 at news.cable.ntlworld.com...