Environmentalists Want To Save The Forests From Logging by Burning Them

Lloyd Parker lparker at NOSPAM.emory.edu
Tue Aug 27 09:41:02 EST 2002

In article <506ee3c0.0208270110.21c615cc at posting.google.com>,
   jamesjosephbriggs at yahoo.com (flamestar) wrote:
>I don't ignore them at all. It is my belief that they are hired by
>groups like the Sierra Club to burn the forests.

Then you might want to think about defending yourself from a libel

>After all according
>to the Sierra Club Forest Fires are like sunshine and all they are
>doing is bringing a little sun shine to the forests.
>Here's what the Sierra Club has actually said:
>"[Fire] is not a good thing or a bad thing. It's part of the system.
>It's just
>like sunshine and rain."
>-- Jim Brenner, Fire Management Administrator for the Florida
>Department of

Well, first, this person isn't identified as a Sierra Club member.
Second, what he said is correct.

news:<6dafee1b.0208261703.25cf7839 at posting.google.com>...
news:<506ee3c0.0208250505.bf999d8 at posting.google.com>...