growing GIANT SEQUOIA- Sequoiadendron giganteum in India

gregpresley gpresley at iea.com
Mon Dec 9 04:13:16 EST 2002

I don't think this will be successful unless you are high enough in the
Himalayas or other mountains to experience cool temperatures and frost. The
Giant Sequoia is native to high mountain areas in California that experience
snow every year, and while it may not need the snow, because it grows
successfully in Seattle and Portland where snow seldom falls, it will surely
need the cool weather in winter.
news:3fb94ad1.0212082327.7ff1a4ff at posting.google.com...